It is really amazing to hear that in India the internet usage has grown more than 11 times over the last seven years. This internet boom is being inew news driven not by metros, but by smaller and non-metro towns, where the number of users has risen by a whopping 69 times and 33 times respectively since 2000. More and more Indian sites are coming every day with new and hot news and information. To make this news available to the targeted audience, these sites must be well surfed and easily viewable by the Indian visitors.
With the growing popularity of wordpress and blogspot blogs, news blogs with variety of topics from bollywood, sports to politics have been seen everyday. Such type of blogs requires a new approach for site promotion as these news survive for just a day or maximum a week. The easiest and quickest way to drive traffic to your news is to submit your news url to some popular news bookmarking sites that are especially made to target Indian surfers. In this article, I have tried to mention all the popular Indian news submitting sites.
Here goes my list…
1. Bookmarks.nazariya.com – It is a site where you can submit news and stories related to India and its subcontinent. Its users are growing continuously and have succeeded to provide quality news and hot stories. It covers a huge categories list from lifestyle to computer and technology.
2. Indianpad – In my view this is the best digg clone site specific to India. I myself is an active user of this website. It has a very clean interface and best part no intrusive ads. Here a user can also earn by showing ads on the stories submitted by him/her.
3. GyanIn – Another site with similar concept of digg. It still looks at initial stages. But it is worth to check out. Site loads quicker and has clean interface that may tempt you to digg here. Here I find some interesting stories there, you may also find some.
4. Rambhai – Although having a strange name, it is also growing popular and is worth to submit your stories and news here. It has covered all the common categories and glossy interface. So submit and vote your favorite stories here.
5. Putvote – Having a nice name and nice effort put in there. I think this site can improve its design and can put some glossy banners and heading for attraction.
6. NewsCola – It looks bit like reddit.com and you can submit your news here. It looks simple and worth to submit here.
Few other sites for quick view are indianbytes, bestofindya, humsurfer
charchaa, ekjut, mirchh and chalo.net
Human nature is inquisitive. They like to read news and gossips about the celebrities. They are interested in reading news behind the news. A vast majority of people like to know about the personal lives of their favorite celebrities. They want to know their family circles, lover affairs and other palatable news regarding marriages, divorces and current relations with their spouses.
To feed them well with delicious news, many magazines and websites include these stories. A significant number of them have their dedicated sections for entertaining people with these writings. These magazines and websites delve deep into the lifestyles and personal lives of the latest pin-up stars. They fetch deep dark secrets, hidden stories, trashy details, and some juicy bits about them and their dear ones. Most of these stories talk about the personal matters and hidden affairs of the celebs in the most interesting ways. As the consequence of it, they receive a huge number of loyal audiences across the globe. This helps them increase their TRPs and web traffic. Many of them have increased their popularity in some notable ways.
As celebrity news come up with more interesting facets, it sometimes becomes dubious. It, sometimes, incorporates distortion and misinterpretation of original sorties. Instead of disseminating legitimate and well-researched news, it includes eye-catching headlines and palatable news items to increase TRPs and web traffic. It goes against the ethics of journalism. This is why press councils do not like to take celebrity gossip as a news item. Now celebrity news items are published in ‘Page 3’. The term ‘Page 3’ has appeared to the scene to respect the celebrity gossips. Readers interested in reading these stories can directly go to this section to get their interesting stories. Some professional journalists like to call this practice- “yellow journalism”. A vast majority of gossip magazines and tabloids receive these gossips from dubious sources. Reporters involved in covering celebrity news like to sensationalize a piece of news. They like to represent it in an exaggerated way.
To be honest and very frank, there are a few gossips that have no moral values. These are written on rumor, gossip and word of mouth. Celebrity gossips tend to fabrication and distortion of facts. Readers like to read these- as they get pleasure from it. They are not interested in walking along the path of justification. They do not want to weigh and consider it. They do not want to delve deep into it. They read it out of mere pleasures. The sallow understanding of these stories makes them happy